Property related photograph
    Select text sizeSelect text sizeSelect text sizeSelect text size

    Bookmark this site

Useful links

Independent financial advisers

The following firms are all on the Swaythling Housing Society Ltd panel of financial advisors for the Armed Forces Home Ownership Scheme. They can tell you about the range of mortgage options available to you, and also protection products such as life assurance, building and contents insurance etc.

 - - -


Contact Swaythling Housing Society Ltd for details of solicitors who are experienced in dealing with this type of scheme. Call 0800 028 1980 (drop the first zero if calling from a mobile) or email

 - - -

Other useful links

 - - -

Other housing options

If you are not eligible for the Armed Forces Home Ownership Scheme, or feel that this is not the best scheme suited to your needs, there are a range of other schemes designed to help you get a foot on the housing ladder, or to find an affordable home to rent.

These schemes are available from a wide range of providers across the country. To find out more, and to register, you should contact your local HomeBuy Agent. You should also contact the Joint Services Housing Advice Office (JSHAO)

For details on the options available, and to find your local HomeBuy Agent and register your details, click here.

For the website of the JSHAO, click here

  - - -

Debt Advice

If you have a debt problem, there are many organisations offering free and independent debt advice over the telephone or face-to-face.  They can help you work out the best way to deal with your debts and answer any questions you have.

The following organisations will provide free of charge advice to assist with any debt problems you may have:

Citizens Advice

National Debt Line

Consumer Credit Counselling Service

If you have difficulty making your mortgage repayments, in the first instance contact your mortgage lender.  Your home is at risk if you do not keep up mortgage repayments or payments on other loans secured on the property.

  - - -

Your New Home

There's a lot to arrange and think about when you move into your home.  Click the links below for some handy reference sheets to make sure you don't forget anything.

  - - -


To find a local RICS surveyer/valuer, visit and click Find a Surveyor, or call 0870 333 1600.

Useful links